layerJS vs unistore: What are the differences?
What is layerJS? UI composition & animation in pure HTML. UX patterns like menus, sliders, layers & lightboxes, parallax effects, page-swipes, zoom effects, etc. are really just interactive animated layers. layerJS is a simple open source library that provides one simple universal concept to create such patterns in pure HTML.
What is unistore? 650b state container with component reactions for React. A tiny ~650b centralized container with component bindings for React and Preact.
Some of the features offered by layerJS are:
- Universal - One library for all UX patterns. Slider, Popups, Accordeon, Menu, Parallax, (Touch) Gestures, etc.
- Pure HTML - Layout your interface with HTML attributes and define interaction with Links
- Plays with - Angular, VueJS, React, jQuery. Use your framework to modify frame content or generate frames dynamically.
On the other hand, unistore provides the following key features:
- Small footprint compliments Preact nicely
- Familiar names and ideas from Redux-like libraries
- Useful data selectors to extract properties from state
layerJS and unistore are both open source tools. It seems that unistore with 2.48K GitHub stars and 143 forks on GitHub has more adoption than layerJS with 1.73K GitHub stars and 75 GitHub forks.