Layers vs Wagtail: What are the differences?
Layers: A simple WordPress site builder. Layers is a WordPress Theme framework focused on extending the WordPress core functionality to include layout building through the WordPress Visual Customizer. A lightweight set of base options, widgets and theme templates provide a user-friendly, extensible tool for creating beautiful, WordPress-faithful websites; Wagtail: A Django content management system focused on flexibility and user experience. Wagtail is a Django content management system built originally for the Royal College of Art and focused on flexibility and user experience.
Layers and Wagtail belong to "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Layers are:
- Preset layouts allow you to get a head start without the intimidation of a big blank canvas
- Create robust, responsive designs that look incredible on mobile phones and tablets
- Integration with WooCommerce means you can start selling right out of the box
On the other hand, Wagtail provides the following key features:
- A fast, attractive editor interface
- Complete control over design with standard Django templates
- Configure content types through standard Django models
Layers and Wagtail are both open source tools. Wagtail with 7.45K GitHub stars and 1.62K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Layers with 10 GitHub stars and 7 GitHub forks.
What is Layers?
What is Wagtail?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Layers?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Layers?
What companies use Layers?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Wagtail?
really good product