Linode vs Scaleway: What are the differences?
Linode: Deploy and Manage Linux Virtual Servers in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in minutes with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location; Scaleway: BareMetal SSD cloud servers. Scaleway is the best platform to deploy BareMetal ARM & X64 SSD cloud servers. Enjoy a new cloud computing experience!.
Linode and Scaleway belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Linode are:
- Deploy multiple Linux distributions
- Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
- Boot between configuration profiles
On the other hand, Scaleway provides the following key features:
- A fantastic user experience that gives you the power to spawn your servers in two clicks.
- Deploy dedicated SSD servers with constant and predictable performance in 44 seconds.
- Uptime and response time guarantee for mission critical services backed by our 24x7 support team.
"Extremely reliable" is the top reason why over 97 developers like Linode, while over 26 developers mention "Scalable" as the leading cause for choosing Scaleway.
According to the StackShare community, Linode has a broader approval, being mentioned in 130 company stacks & 38 developers stacks; compared to Scaleway, which is listed in 16 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.
What is Linode?
What is Scaleway?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Scaleway?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
My primary OS is LINUX, Linode gives me everything I need in hosting service.
Enough RAM for the price, high speed network and CPUs.
Used for Cast + DJ servers. As well as smaller servers for internal services.