Material Design for Bootstrap vs Pure: What are the differences?
What is Pure? A set of small, responsive CSS modules that you can use in every web project. Pure is meant to be a starting point for every website or web app. We take care of all the CSS work that every site needs, without making it look cookie-cutter.
Material Design for Bootstrap and Pure can be primarily classified as "Front-End Frameworks" tools.
Some of the features offered by Material Design for Bootstrap are:
- Input fields (text, numeric, email, etc)
- Buttons (ripple effect working)
On the other hand, Pure provides the following key features:
- A responsive grid that can be customized to your needs
- A solid base built on Normalize.css to fix cross-browser compatibility issues
- Consistently styled buttons that work with and
"Bootstrap" is the primary reason why developers consider Material Design for Bootstrap over the competitors, whereas "Lightweight" was stated as the key factor in picking Pure.
Material Design for Bootstrap and Pure are both open source tools. Pure with 20.1K GitHub stars and 2.07K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Material Design for Bootstrap with 19.9K GitHub stars and 3.31K GitHub forks.