Vuforia vs Pengram: What are the differences?
What is Vuforia? * An augmented reality software development kit*. It is an augmented reality software development kit for mobile devices that enables the creation of augmented reality applications. It uses computer vision technology to recognize and track planar images and simple 3D objects.
What is Pengram? Augmented Reality Indoor Navigation System. It allows users to create indoor waypoints with only an iOS device and share those waypoints with others with a single tap.
Vuforia and Pengram belong to "Virtual Reality" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Vuforia are:
- Allow you to recognize objects by shape using pre-existing 3D models
- Attach content onto flat images, such as print media and product packaging
- Object Targets are created by scanning an object
On the other hand, Pengram provides the following key features:
- Indoor waypoints are created as you walk with your iOS device
- Waypoints stay persistent in their environment so everywhere else sees exactly what you have walked
- Secure server to store all waypoints and annotations