What is Vuforia?
It is an augmented reality software development kit for mobile devices that enables the creation of augmented reality applications. It uses computer vision technology to recognize and track planar images and simple 3D objects
Vuforia is a tool in the Virtual Reality category of a tech stack.
Who uses Vuforia?
6 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Vuforia.
Android SDK, Cocoa Touch (iOS), Wikitude, Buildbox, and Unity are some of the popular tools that integrate with Vuforia. Here's a list of all 11 tools that integrate with Vuforia.
Why developers like Vuforia?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Vuforia
Be the first to leave a pro
- Allow you to recognize objects by shape using pre-existing 3D models
- Attach content onto flat images, such as print media and product packaging
- Object Targets are created by scanning an object
- Recognize images wrapped onto objects that are approximately cylindrical in shape
- Access video data from a camera outside of the one in a phone or tablet when creating AR experiences
Vuforia Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Vuforia?
It is a library for location based AR, image recognition and tracking for Android, iOS and Smart glasses.
React VR is a framework for the creation of VR applications that run in your web browser. It pairs modern APIs like WebGL and WebVR with the declarative power of React, producing experiences that can be consumed through a variety of devices.
It allows you to make WebVR apps with HTML and an Entity-Component system. Works on Vive, Rift, Daydream, GearVR, desktop.