RAML vs rest-hapi: What are the differences?
What is RAML? RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. It's concise - you only write what you need to define - and reusable. It is machine readable API design that is actually human friendly.
What is rest-hapi? A RESTful API generator. A hapi plugin intended to abstract the work involved in setting up an API for the purpose of rapid app development. At the same time it provides a powerful combination of relational structure with NoSQL flexibility. You define your models and the rest is done for you.
RAML and rest-hapi can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by RAML are:
- Create and pull in namespaced, reusable libraries, containing data types
- Annotations let you add vendor specific functionality without compromising your spec
- Traits and resource Types let you take advantage of code reuse and design patterns
On the other hand, rest-hapi provides the following key features:
- Automatic generation of CRUD endpoints with middleware support
- Automatic generation of association endpoints
- joi validation
rest-hapi is an open source tool with 897 GitHub stars and 111 GitHub forks. Here's a link to rest-hapi's open source repository on GitHub.