RAML vs StopLight: What are the differences?
RAML: RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. It's concise - you only write what you need to define - and reusable. It is machine readable API design that is actually human friendly; StopLight: Visual API Tooling. Stop writing thousands of lines of specification code. Our intuitive visual editors significantly cut down on design time, and are spec agnostic. Generate OAI (Swagger) and RAML specification code on demand.
RAML and StopLight belong to "API Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by RAML are:
- Create and pull in namespaced, reusable libraries, containing data types
- Annotations let you add vendor specific functionality without compromising your spec
- Traits and resource Types let you take advantage of code reuse and design patterns
On the other hand, StopLight provides the following key features:
- Powerful API modeling tools
- Robust HTTP request maker
- One click hosted documentation
"API Specification" is the top reason why over 9 developers like RAML, while over 8 developers mention "Intuitive UX" as the leading cause for choosing StopLight.