What is Tile38?
It is an open source (MIT licensed), in-memory geolocation data store, spatial index, and realtime geofence. It supports a variety of object types including lat/lon points, bounding boxes, XYZ tiles, Geohashes, and GeoJSON.
Tile38 is a tool in the In-Memory Databases category of a tech stack.
Tile38 is an open source tool with 6.5K GitHub stars and 372 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Tile38's open source repository on GitHub
PHP, Node.js, Python, Java, and C# are some of the popular tools that integrate with Tile38. Here's a list of all 18 tools that integrate with Tile38.
Why developers like Tile38?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Tile38
Be the first to leave a pro
- Spatial index with search methods such as Nearby, Within, and Intersects
- Realtime geofencing through webhooks or pub/sub channels
- Object types of lat/lon, bbox, Geohash, GeoJSON, QuadKey, and XYZ tile
- Support for lots of Clients Libraries written in many different languages
- Variety of protocols, including http (curl), websockets, telnet, and the Redis RESP
- Server responses are RESP or JSON
- Full command line interface
- Leader / follower replication
- In-memory database that persists on disk
Tile38 Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Tile38?
See all alternatives
PostGIS is a spatial database extender for PostgreSQL object-relational database. It adds support for geographic objects allowing location queries to be run in SQL.
Redis is an open source, BSD licensed, advanced key-value store. It is often referred to as a data structure server since keys can contain strings, hashes, lists, sets and sorted sets.
With its various distributed data structures, distributed caching capabilities, elastic nature, memcache support, integration with Spring and Hibernate and more importantly with so many happy users, Hazelcast is feature-rich, enterprise-ready and developer-friendly in-memory data grid solution.
Aerospike is an open-source, modern database built from the ground up to push the limits of flash storage, processors and networks. It was designed to operate with predictable low latency at high throughput with uncompromising reliability – both high availability and ACID guarantees.
MemSQL converges transactions and analytics for sub-second data processing and reporting. Real-time businesses can build robust applications on a simple and scalable infrastructure that complements and extends existing data pipelines.