What is Vitest?
It is a blazing fast unit test framework powered by Vite. It aims to position itself as the Test Runner of choice for Vite projects, and as a solid alternative even for projects not using Vite.
Vitest is a tool in the Testing Frameworks category of a tech stack.
Vitest is an open source tool with 8.6K GitHub stars and 754 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Vitest's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Vitest?
16 companies reportedly use Vitest in their tech stacks, including SplitC, yaesu, and WorkGenius.
38 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Vitest.
Visual Studio Code, TypeScript, IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, and Jest are some of the popular tools that integrate with Vitest. Here's a list of all 6 tools that integrate with Vitest.
- Vite's config, transformers, resolvers, and plugins
- Use the same setup from your app to run the tests!
- Smart & instant watch mode, like HMR for tests!
- Components testing for Vue, React, Svelte, Lit and more
- Out-of-box TypeScript / JSX support
- ESM first, top level await
- Workers multi-threading via tinypool
- Filtering, timeouts, concurrent for suite and tests
- Jest-compatible Snapshot
- Chai built-in for assertions + Jest expect compatible APIs
- Tinyspy built-in for mocking
- happy-dom or jsdom for DOM mocking
- Native code coverage via c8
- Rust like in-source testing
Vitest Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Vitest?
See all alternatives
JUnit is a simple framework to write repeatable tests. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
It is a free, open source, community-focused unit testing tool for the .NET Framework. It is the latest technology for unit testing C#, F#, VB.NET and other .NET languages. It works with ReSharper, CodeRush, TestDriven.NET and Xamarin.
It is a mocking library for .NET developed from scratch to take full advantage of .NET Linq expression trees and lambda expressions, which makes it the most productive, type-safe and refactoring-friendly mocking library available. And it supports mocking interfaces as well as classes.
It is a mocking framework that tastes really good. It lets you write beautiful tests with a clean & simple API. It doesn’t give you hangover because the tests are very readable and they produce clean verification errors.
Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby. Making TDD Productive and Fun.
No related comparisons found