What is Amazon EBS?
Who uses Amazon EBS?
Amazon EBS Integrations
Why developers like Amazon EBS?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Amazon EBS in their tech stack.
I could spin up an Amazon EC2 instance and install PostgreSQL myself, review latest configuration best practices, sort Amazon EBS storage for data, set up a snapshot process etc.
Alternatively I could use Amazon RDS, Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL or Heroku Postgres and have most of that work handled for me, by a team of world experts...
대부분의 EC2 의 스토리지는 EBS 를 마운트해서 사용하고 있습니다. 특히 데이터베이스 서버들의 경우 주기적으로 스냅샷을 생성하여 손쉽게 백업 관리를 진행하고 있습니다. Amazon EBS
Opstax uses EBS storage to store images, snapshots and to write any data we need to keep when an instance is no longer. Amazon EBS
Amazon EBS's Features
- Amazon EBS allows you to create storage volumes from 1 GB to 1 TB that can be mounted as devices by Amazon EC2 instances. Multiple volumes can be mounted to the same instance.
- Amazon EBS enables you to provision a specific level of I/O performance if desired, by choosing a Provisioned IOPS volume. This allows you to predictably scale to thousands of IOPS per Amazon EC2 instance.
- Storage volumes behave like raw, unformatted block devices, with user supplied device names and a block device interface. You can create a file system on top of Amazon EBS volumes, or use them in any other way you would use a block device (like a hard drive).
- Amazon EBS volumes are placed in a specific Availability Zone, and can then be attached to instances also in that same Availability Zone.
- Each storage volume is automatically replicated within the same Availability Zone. This prevents data loss due to failure of any single hardware component.
- Amazon EBS also provides the ability to create point-in-time snapshots of volumes, which are persisted to Amazon S3. These snapshots can be used as the starting point for new Amazon EBS volumes, and protect data for long-term durability. The same snapshot can be used to instantiate as many volumes as you wish. These snapshots can be copied across AWS regions, making it easier to leverage multiple AWS regions for geographical expansion, data center migration and disaster recovery.
- AWS also enables you to create new volumes from AWS hosted public data sets.
- Amazon CloudWatch exposes performance metrics for EBS volumes, giving you insight into bandwidth, throughput, latency, and queue depth. The metrics are accessible via the AWS CloudWatch API or the AWS Management Console. For more details, see Amazon CloudWatch.