Buck encourages the creation of small, reusable modules consisting of code and resources, and supports a variety of languages on many platforms.
- Speed up your Android builds. Buck builds independent artifacts in parallel to take advantage of multiple cores. Further, it reduces incremental build times by keeping track of unchanged modules so that the minimal set of modules is rebuilt.
- Introduce ad-hoc build steps for building artifacts that are not supported out-of-the-box using the standard Ant build scripts for Android.
- Keep the logic for generating build rules in the build system instead of requiring a separate system to generate build files.
- Generate code-coverage metrics for your unit tests.
- Generate an IntelliJ project based on your build rules. This makes Buck ideal for both local development builds in an IDE as well as headless builds on a continuous integration machine.
- Make sense of your build dependencie
Build, Test, Deploy
tools that are known for: