What is Cloud9 IDE?
Cloud9 IDE is a tool in the Cloud IDE category of a tech stack.
Who uses Cloud9 IDE?
47 companies reportedly use Cloud9 IDE in their tech stacks, including LinkedIn, Accenture, and Salesforce.
443 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Cloud9 IDE.
Cloud9 IDE Integrations
GitHub, Bitbucket, Heroku, Microsoft Azure, and Red Hat OpenShift are some of the popular tools that integrate with Cloud9 IDE. Here's a list of all 9 tools that integrate with Cloud9 IDE.
Pros of Cloud9 IDE
Easy to use
Terminal access to vm instead of simulation
New full ubuntu machines
Easy dev environment
Ssh access to your own machine
Real-time with other people
Free prototype hosting
Great syntax highlighting
Better IDE than the others
Extremely easy setup
Great interface, download or upload file is nice.
Its easy to share code
You can run your project easier
Versatile and robust
Need a credit card to get access
Starts a VM
Easy to use, seem fast, friendly ui
Cloud9 IDE's Features
- Real-time collaboration and chat
- Connect via SSH and FTP
- Code Completion (suggestions)
- Highlighting and syntax hints
- Goto File- fast file access
- Adaptive Themes- chnage themes and skin
- Code Folding- folding arrows allow you to collapse code
- Multiple cursors- add a cursor to the rows above and below the current line
- Focus- Every part of the Cloud9 UI can be collapsed or hidden entirely, so you get the maximum space to focus on your code. And for the truly exceptional among us, there’s zen mode, where the editor floats above the IDE to fill 100% of the browser.
- Drag & Drop- The project tree scrolls, highlights and expands folders automatically for the most natural drag n drop experience.
- Command-Line- command-line is your shortcut to a ton of useful features, like "mkdir", "npm", "git" and "zen"
- Git and Mercurial support
- Seamless Node.js Integration
Cloud9 IDE Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Cloud9 IDE?
See all alternatives
Red Hat Codeready Workspaces
Built on the open Eclipse Che project, Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces provides developer workspaces, which include all the tools and the dependencies that are needed to code, build, test, run, and debug applications.
It is a social development environment for front-end designers and developers.. It functions as an online code editor and open-source learning environment, where developers can create code snippets, creatively named "pens", and test them.
A development platform that enables you to not only edit your files from underlying services like FTP, GitHub, Dropbox and the like, but on top of that gives you the ability to collaborate, embed and share through Codeanywhere on any device.
Koding is a feature rich cloud-based development environment complete with free VMs, an attractive IDE & sudo level terminal access!