What is Lazarus?
Who uses Lazarus?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Lazarus in their tech stack.
I just got into a new job at an organization that develops Windows applications in Object Pascal.
Delphi 10.3 is the most common IDE being used between developers here. However my first impressions of it weren't the best and reading I found Lazarus as an alternative, but haven't installed it yet. I'm pretty new in Object Pascal development and I already need to learn a bunch of things, but it doesn't scare me, so it would be nice to go forward with a good IDE choice.
I'm not sure these options are simply interchangeable, since Wikipedia says Lazarus is "for programmers developing with the Object Pascal language, which is as close as possible to Delphi". Any thoughts would be very welcome! Thanks very much.
- Cross Platform IDE. Work on your favourite system
- Platform independent projects out of the box. Simply copy your project to another platform and compile it
- Build native binaries. Distribute your binaries without dependencies on any runtime environment
- Several database frameworks to meet your requirements
- Reporting and Charting
- A choice of Networking libraries available