What is Raspberry Pi?
A low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python.
Raspberry Pi is a tool in the Internet of Things Hardware category of a tech stack.
Who uses Raspberry Pi?
61 companies reportedly use Raspberry Pi in their tech stacks, including Tech-Stack, Foretag, and Bonton.
440 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi Integrations
Python, Android OS, Gitea, Alexa, and Home Assistant are some of the popular tools that integrate with Raspberry Pi. Here's a list of all 15 tools that integrate with Raspberry Pi.
Decisions about Raspberry Pi
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Raspberry Pi in their tech stack.
Kiosk App on Raspberry Pi
- I have a personal project that I'm developing into a Kiosk app and am considering deploying it on a RaspberryPi as a semi-portable controller user interface.
- I'm new to RaspberryPi, I know my way around Debian though, and so I've researched a few Electron tutorials on using Electron on a RaspberryPI and they seem to be what I'm looking for.
- However, I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions in working with Electron on the RaspberryPi, in particular in Kiosk with a touchscreen for user input.
- What's the performance like, are there memory constraints, any reliability issues I should be aware of?
- Once the project is at a working stage I plan to open source it on my GitHub for further input and development.
- I write for the browser and server backend environments using Web technologies and Node.js.
Raspberry Pi's Features
Raspberry Pi Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Raspberry Pi?
Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software.
It is a feature-rich MCU with integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for a wide-range of applications.