Aerobatic vs dotCloud: What are the differences?
Aerobatic: Smart Hosting for Single Page Apps. In a nutshell, it's a platform as a service (PaaS) for HTML5 web apps. You could think of it as Heroku for the front-end. It provides a streamlined developer workflow and a suite of cloud-based smart hosting modules that are highly complementary to your custom app code running in the browser; dotCloud: Deploy, manage and scale any web app. Build your ideal application stack by combining powerful cloud services. Experiment for free, then go live and only pay for what you need. dotCloud enables developers and IT organizations to deploy, manage and scale their applications with unprecedented ease and flexibility by assembling and customizing powerful pre-configured stacks and services.
Aerobatic and dotCloud can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Aerobatic are:
- Build feature-rich HTML 5 single page apps in the cloud
- Enhanced integration, performance, and security over static apps
- Built-in asset delivery optimization
On the other hand, dotCloud provides the following key features:
- Develop faster- Don’t waste time with servers. Just select the services you need, combine them in a stack, and get back to writing code. It’s like playing lego!
- Don't worry about ops- We keep your app running 24/7 with built-in load-balancing, monitoring and failover. Scale in seconds to handle surges in traffic - and only pay for what you need.
- Not just for throw-away apps- Create maintainable, future-proof applications with a service-oriented architecture. Build custom services and network topologies. Need custom support, pricing or SLAs? We do that too.