Amazon CloudWatch vs StatusGator: What are the differences?
Amazon CloudWatch: Monitor AWS resources and custom metrics generated by your applications and services. With Amazon CloudWatch, you gain system-wide visibility into resource utilization, application performance, and operational health. Programmatically retrieve your monitoring data, view graphs, and set alarms to help you troubleshoot, spot trends, and take automated action based on the state of your cloud environment; StatusGator: Instant status overview of all the services you depend on including Heroku, Slack, Stripe, New Relic and 50 others. StatusGator monitors the published service status of more than 100 cloud services.
Amazon CloudWatch and StatusGator can be primarily classified as "Cloud Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon CloudWatch are:
- Basic Monitoring for Amazon EC2 instances: ten pre-selected metrics at five-minute frequency, free of charge.
- Detailed Monitoring for Amazon EC2 instances: seven pre-selected metrics at one-minute frequency, for an additional charge.
- Amazon EBS volumes: eight pre-selected metrics at five-minute frequency, free of charge.
On the other hand, StatusGator provides the following key features:
- Consult your dashboard before spending hours debugging problems
- Enable notifications and be alerted when services report issues
- Simple, 3 minute setup. Just choose the services you use. That's it
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon CloudWatch?
What is StatusGator?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions