Amazon SES vs Urban Airship: What are the differences?
What is Amazon SES? Bulk and transactional email-sending service. Amazon SES eliminates the complexity and expense of building an in-house email solution or licensing, installing, and operating a third-party email service. The service integrates with other AWS services, making it easy to send emails from applications being hosted on services such as Amazon EC2.
What is Urban Airship? Improve customer engagement with push notifications, location-based marketing and analytics. We’ve built the smartest, most aware, precise, easy-to-use, scalable, secure and powerful push messaging platform on the planet. Our Push messaging platform leverages all that is unique about mobile as a channel, and that lights the spark to create meaningful and valuable mobile experiences. We help put your app in front of your users at the right time, and in the right place to drive usage and brand engagement.
Amazon SES belongs to "Transactional Email" category of the tech stack, while Urban Airship can be primarily classified under "Mobile Push Messaging".
Some of the features offered by Amazon SES are:
- Simple – Amazon SES eliminates the complexity of licensing, installing, and operating a third-party service, or building and maintaining an internally hosted email solution. Sending email through Amazon SES is as simple as using SMTP or calling an API, and Amazon SES makes it easy for you to monitor your sending activity and deliverability statistics.
- Inexpensive – There are no up-front fees or fixed expenses with Amazon SES, and you benefit from the efficiencies of Amazon’s scale. Your only costs are low charges for the number of emails sent and data transfer fees.
- Reliable – Amazon SES runs within Amazon’s proven network infrastructure and datacenters. All outgoing email messages are stored redundantly across multiple servers and datacenters, providing high availability and data durability.
On the other hand, Urban Airship provides the following key features:
- Industry’s best Push Messaging (with up to 1M messages per month, free).
- Ready to go, proven and can be working in your app within hours.
- Flexible APIs to drop in as-is or to completely customize.
"Reliable" is the top reason why over 99 developers like Amazon SES, while over 9 developers mention "Ios integration" as the leading cause for choosing Urban Airship.
According to the StackShare community, Amazon SES has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1293 company stacks & 285 developers stacks; compared to Urban Airship, which is listed in 14 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon SES?
What is Urban Airship?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions