What is Mandrill?
Mandrill is a new way for apps to send transactional email. It runs on the delivery infrastructure that powers MailChimp.
Mandrill is a tool in the Transactional Email category of a tech stack.
Who uses Mandrill?
2642 companies reportedly use Mandrill in their tech stacks, including Stripe, Nubank, and KAVAK.
1702 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Mandrill.
Parse, Woopra, Stamplay, Geckoboard, and Crowdin are some of the popular tools that integrate with Mandrill. Here's a list of all 23 tools that integrate with Mandrill.
Pros of Mandrill
Generous free allowance to get you started
Cheap and simple
Doesn't go to spam
Great for mailchimp users
Easy to use
Advanced Tagging and Reports
love this service
Webhooks for bounce mail
May 27 2016 at 5:01AM
Jun 5 2015 at 7:41AM
May 15 2015 at 3:43PM
- Inbound Email- Set up inboxes for Mandrill to control. When they receive email, we’ll make an API call to your app with all the relevant information, so you don’t have to worry about what’s happening behind the scenes.
- Webhooks Support- Create custom event notifications, keep track of new signups and unsubscribes in real-time, get a notice of every spam complaint so you can flag them in your database.
- Rules Engine- Modify the content of email coming through Mandrill without having to involve developers. For example, you could tell Mandrill to take any email coming from firstname.lastname@example.org, give it a new template, and add Google Analytics tracking.
- Advanced Tagging and Reports- Generate custom reports based on the stats that matter to you. Add campaign tags like “confirmation email” and “mailing list,” and combine them with data Mandrill automatically tracks. Tagging allows you to graph sets of data like “bounce rate for confirmation emails to Gmail addresses.”
- Meaningful Metrics- Observe trends and monitor delivery to see if you’re on track or if you need to make adjustments. Search by recipient or domain, sort sent email by bounces or rejections, and track opens and clicks.
- Status Updates- Troubleshoot from wherever you are, and send status messages to recipients from Mandrill
- Mobile Access- Your transactional email is generated at all hours. Mandrill is the only service with a mobile app, so you can monitor your performance even when you’re away from your desk.
Mandrill Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Mandrill?
See all alternatives
Twilio SendGrid's cloud-based email infrastructure relieves businesses of the cost and complexity of maintaining custom email systems. Twilio SendGrid provides reliable delivery, scalability & real-time analytics along with flexible API's.
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.
Apache Drill is a distributed MPP query layer that supports SQL and alternative query languages against NoSQL and Hadoop data storage systems. It was inspired in part by Google's Dremel.
Mailgun is a set of powerful APIs that allow you to send, receive, track and store email effortlessly.
An easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly.