What is Mandrill?
Who uses Mandrill?
Why developers like Mandrill?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Mandrill in their tech stack.
We've moved our transactional email away from Mandrill to Mailgun. We had continued using Mandrill after Mailchimp deprecated the service awhile back, because the amount of credits we were offered essentially made it free.
However, following a couple weeks of frequent downtime and poor service transparency from Mandrill, we decided it was time to make the switch. It appears they no longer had any engineers with the ability to identify the core problems.
Mailgun has been more reliable, yet not as reliable as we expected. We still see issues a few times per week with the API failing when we attempt to make a call. The Reporting UI is way better.
We make sure to implement only the functionalities that are specific to our business domain (Beauty & Wellness) & use other services for functionalities we find generic or secondary (they do not make us stand out). We've picked the most stable & popular ones we could find for such purposes: Google Maps (for salon location maps), Mandrill (sending mail notifications), Twilio (sending SMS notifications) or Braintree (for payments).
We use Mandrill to handle all transactional emailing - from welcome letters to password reminders to notifications. Mandrill
We started off with AWS SES, but found it to be lacking in diagnostics and reporting. Mandrill is a quantum leap forward in this regard. Has some other really neat features carried over from MailChimp (templating). Mandrill
Mandrill is used to send out all e-mail from the application and any tools and services in our infrastructure. Mandrill
- Inbound Email- Set up inboxes for Mandrill to control. When they receive email, we’ll make an API call to your app with all the relevant information, so you don’t have to worry about what’s happening behind the scenes.
- Webhooks Support- Create custom event notifications, keep track of new signups and unsubscribes in real-time, get a notice of every spam complaint so you can flag them in your database.
- Rules Engine- Modify the content of email coming through Mandrill without having to involve developers. For example, you could tell Mandrill to take any email coming from email@example.com, give it a new template, and add Google Analytics tracking.
- Advanced Tagging and Reports- Generate custom reports based on the stats that matter to you. Add campaign tags like “confirmation email” and “mailing list,” and combine them with data Mandrill automatically tracks. Tagging allows you to graph sets of data like “bounce rate for confirmation emails to Gmail addresses.”
- Meaningful Metrics- Observe trends and monitor delivery to see if you’re on track or if you need to make adjustments. Search by recipient or domain, sort sent email by bounces or rejections, and track opens and clicks.
- Status Updates- Troubleshoot from wherever you are, and send status messages to recipients from Mandrill
- Mobile Access- Your transactional email is generated at all hours. Mandrill is the only service with a mobile app, so you can monitor your performance even when you’re away from your desk.