Appcelerator vs AWS Mobile Hub: What are the differences?
Developers describe Appcelerator as "Build network-connected mobile applications across native platforms and the web". Appcelerator is the first mobile platform to combine the flexibility of open source development technologies with the power of cloud services. On the other hand, AWS Mobile Hub is detailed as "Build, test, and monitor usage of your mobile apps". AWS Mobile Hub is the fastest way to build mobile apps powered by AWS. It lets you easily add and configure features for your apps, including user authentication, data storage, backend logic, push notifications, content delivery, and analytics. After you build your app, AWS Mobile Hub gives you easy access to testing on real devices, as well as analytics dashboards to track usage of your app – all from a single, integrated console.
Appcelerator and AWS Mobile Hub can be categorized as "Mobile Backend" tools.
Some of the features offered by Appcelerator are:
- Library of over 20 pre-built common services that are both proven and robust, to reduce integration time and risk, services such as push notification, status updates, photo storage, and social integration, or create your own custom cloud services.
- Client-side APIs for any development platform (e.g. Titanium, iOS SDK, Android SDK)
- Extensibility enabling you to build your own custom cloud application development services in Node.js on the Appcelerator cloud for all your mobile apps.
On the other hand, AWS Mobile Hub provides the following key features:
- Quickly build apps without worrying about infrastructure.
- Test your apps on real Android and iOS devices in the cloud
- Track usage and monetization, and engage users with push notifications.