Apportable vs Crosswalk: What are the differences?
What is Apportable? Objective-C for Android. Apportable lets you cross-compile your iOS app and re-use the same code across platforms.
What is Crosswalk? Replace Android’s default WebView with Crosswalk, a predictable web runtime for developing powerful Android and Cordova apps. Crosswalk is a web runtime for ambitious HTML5 applications. All the features of a modern browser, deep device integration and an API for adding native extensions.
Apportable and Crosswalk can be categorized as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apportable are:
- Apportable compiles your app to run natively on Android, with speed and playability that rivals the iOS version
- We bake in performance optimizations for the latest devices and firmware updates, and Android-specific functionality such as "Lights Out" mode, hardware specific buttons, and more
On the other hand, Crosswalk provides the following key features:
- Develop around device fragmentation
- Provide a feature rich experience on all Android 4.x devices
- Easily debug with Chrome DevTools
Crosswalk is an open source tool with 2.17K GitHub stars and 569 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Crosswalk's open source repository on GitHub.