Appsmith vs Knack: What are the differences?
Appsmith: Open source alternative to Retool. It is an open source framework to build internal tools. The low code project comes with UI widgets like tables, charts, forms, map viewer, and more. Easily connect to REST APIs, Postgres, Mongo, and MySQL. Invite users and allow login with Google accounts; Knack: Easily build beautiful data-driven web apps. Build simple web apps like a member directory, job listings, employee time tracking, business directory, contact directory, product catalogue, or equipment tracker.
Appsmith and Knack belong to "Low Code Platforms" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Appsmith are:
- Deploy Appsmith on your servers in 5 minutes
- Drag & drop, resize and style widgets without HTML / CSS
- Query & update your database directly from the UI. Connect to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, REST & GraphQL APIs
On the other hand, Knack provides the following key features:
- No cookie-cutter software- define the exact data that your app needs.
- Easy data types like name, address, email, and more add structure and formatting to your data.
- Powerful options for formulas, equations, files, and images.