AWS Elastic Beanstalk vs Jelastic: What are the differences?
Developers describe AWS Elastic Beanstalk as "Quickly deploy and manage applications in the AWS cloud". Once you upload your application, Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring. On the other hand, Jelastic is detailed as "Java and PHP Cloud Hosting". Jelastic is the next generation of Java hosting platforms which can run and scale ANY Java application with no code changes required.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Jelastic belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by AWS Elastic Beanstalk are:
- Elastic Beanstalk is built using familiar software stacks such as the Apache HTTP Server for Node.js, PHP and Python, Passenger for Ruby, IIS 7.5 for .NET, and Apache Tomcat for Java
- There is no additional charge for Elastic Beanstalk - you pay only for the AWS resources needed to store and run your applications.
- Easy to begin – Elastic Beanstalk is a quick and simple way to deploy your application to AWS. You simply use the AWS Management Console, Git deployment, or an integrated development environment (IDE) such as Eclipse or Visual Studio to upload your application
On the other hand, Jelastic provides the following key features:
- Set up environment in seconds
- No installation or configuration
- No APIs to code to
"Integrates with other aws services" is the top reason why over 74 developers like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, while over 7 developers mention "Managed hosting" as the leading cause for choosing Jelastic.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
What is Jelastic?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions