Azure Cosmos DB vs restdb.io: What are the differences?
What is Azure Cosmos DB? A fully-managed, globally distributed NoSQL database service. Azure DocumentDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service built for fast and predictable performance, high availability, elastic scaling, global distribution, and ease of development.
What is restdb.io? A plug and play database service for the web and beyond. RestDB is a NoSql document oriented database cloud service. Data is accessed as JSON objects via HTTPS. This gives great flexibility, easy system integration and future compatibility.
Azure Cosmos DB and restdb.io belong to "NoSQL Database as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Azure Cosmos DB are:
- Fully managed with 99.99% Availability SLA
- Elastically and highly scalable (both throughput and storage)
- Predictable low latency: <10ms @ P99 reads and <15ms @ P99 fully-indexed writes
On the other hand, restdb.io provides the following key features:
- NoSQL + Schema + API
- Rich Data Types, Relations and Hierarchy
- Data Management and Collaboration web app