Cloudant’s distributed database as a service (DBaaS) allows developers of fast-growing web and mobile apps to focus on building and improving their products, instead of worrying about scaling and managing databases on their own.
- Managed- Cloudant's big data experts monitor your data 24/7 to ensure its high availability and safety.
- Distributed Multi-Master Database- All read and write transactions can be synced across Cloudant's global data network without global locks, providing true high availability of your data.
- Geo-load Balancing- To keep latency low, our geo-load balancing infrastructure routes requests to the copies of the data that are geographically closest to the requestor.
- Mobile Sync- Cloudant not only syncs between data centers around the world, but also between data centers and mobile devices.
- Incremental MapReduce- Unlike Hadoop, Cloudant’s Incremental MapReduce keeps indexes up-to-date with new transactions and updates without requiring a full reindexing of your data.
- Integrated Lucene Search- High-performance full-text indexing and search, without the difficulty and cost of managing text and operational data in separate databases.
tools that are known for: