Azure DevOps vs ungit: What are the differences?
Azure DevOps: Services for teams to share code, track work, and ship software. Azure DevOps provides unlimited private Git hosting, cloud build for continuous integration, agile planning, and release management for continuous delivery to the cloud and on-premises. Includes broad IDE support; ungit: The easiest way to use git. On any platform. Anywhere. Clean and intuitive UI that makes it easy to understand git.
Azure DevOps belongs to "Project Management" category of the tech stack, while ungit can be primarily classified under "Git Tools".
Some of the features offered by Azure DevOps are:
- Agile Tools: kanban boards, backlogs, scrum boards
- Reporting: dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Git: free private repositories, pull requests
On the other hand, ungit provides the following key features:
- Runs on any platform that node.js & git supports.
- Web-based, meaning you can run it on your cloud/pure shell machine and use the ui from your browser (just browse to http://your-cloud-machine.com:8448).
- Works well with GitHub.
ungit is an open source tool with 8.39K GitHub stars and 543 GitHub forks. Here's a link to ungit's open source repository on GitHub.