Azure Kubernetes Service vs Hyper: What are the differences?
What is Azure Kubernetes Service? Simplify Kubernetes management, deployment, and operations. Fully managed Kubernetes container orchestration service on Microsoft Azure.
What is Hyper? On-Demand Container, Per-Second Billing. Hyper.sh is a secure container hosting service. What makes it different from AWS (Amazon Web Services) is that you don't start servers, but start docker images directly from Docker Hub or other registries.
Azure Kubernetes Service and Hyper can be categorized as "Containers as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Kubernetes Service are:
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes with ease
- Scale and run applications with confidence
- Secure your Kubernetes environment
On the other hand, Hyper provides the following key features:
- Hyper is able to launch instances in sub-second. Also, Hyper requires the minimal resource footprint: ~12MB mem
- Hyper is immune from the "shared kernel" problem in container
- Hyper is hypervisor agnostic