Azure Kubernetes Service vs Supergiant: What are the differences?
What is Azure Kubernetes Service? Simplify Kubernetes management, deployment, and operations. Fully managed Kubernetes container orchestration service on Microsoft Azure.
What is Supergiant? Open Source Infrastructure Autoscaling for Kubernetes. Supergiant is a container management platform built on top of Kubernetes. Supergiant makes it easy to deploy and manage faster, and it reduces hardware expenses. Packing algorithm efficiently matches your overall CPU and RAM needs.
Azure Kubernetes Service and Supergiant belong to "Containers as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Azure Kubernetes Service are:
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes with ease
- Scale and run applications with confidence
- Secure your Kubernetes environment
On the other hand, Supergiant provides the following key features:
- Cost Aware Autoscaling Hardware - Supergiant reads container RAM/CPU requests/limits and manages HA hardware nodes to match automatically. Downsizes for most efficient usage.
- Easy Kubernetes Install - Use Supergiant to deploy Kubernetes on multiple clouds in minutes. Use the Supergiant API to streamline production deployment.
- Built for Stateful Apps - Developed by the team at Qbox.io for big data. Run stateful, distributed apps and databases in a reliable HA environment.
Supergiant is an open source tool with 668 GitHub stars and 60 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Supergiant's open source repository on GitHub.