Beidou vs Draggable JS: What are the differences?
Beidou: Isomorphic framework for server-rendered React apps, by Alibaba. Isomorphic framework for server-rendered React apps; Draggable JS: A lightweight, responsive, modern drag-and-drop library (by Shopify). Draggable is a modular drag & drop library, allowing you to start small and build up with the features you need. At its most basic, Draggable gives you drag & drop functionality, fast DOM reordering, accessible markup, and a bundle of events to grab on to.
Some of the features offered by Beidou are:
- High performance, 2-5 times speed up
- Search engine optimization
- React server side render
On the other hand, Draggable JS provides the following key features:
- Works with native drag, mouse, touch and force touch events
- Can extend dragging behaviour by hooking into draggables event life cycle
- Can extend drag detection by adding sensors to draggable
Beidou and Draggable JS are both open source tools. It seems that Draggable JS with 13.2K GitHub stars and 694 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Beidou with 2.37K GitHub stars and 245 GitHub forks.