Blitline vs Caire: What are the differences?
What is Blitline? Image processing in the cloud (cropping, rotating, compositing, filtering). Blitline drastically reduces the amount of work you need to develop an application that does any image processing. Stop rebuilding the same image processing functionality, let us do it for much less than it would cost you to make and support it. Pay for only the image processing time that your jobs use. We believe your images should be YOUR images. We also believe that you should never be "locked in" to using Blitline. The flexibility of the JSON API means you could stub out Blitline later without ever touching your production/deployed code.
What is Caire? Content aware image resize library. A content aware image resize library based on the Seam Carving for Content-Aware Image Resizing paper.
Blitline and Caire can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Blitline are:
- Industrial Strength- If you are a website that needs to manipulate large numbers of photos, Blitline is your economical solution.
- Convenient- If you are importing photos from an external service and need to crop, thumbnail, or process them, we are your answer.
- Versatile- Screenshots, PDFs, animated GIFs, obscure image formats, we are your one stop shop for all of these.
On the other hand, Caire provides the following key features:
- Customizable command line support
- Support for both shrinking or enlarging the image
- Resize image both vertically and horizontally
Caire is an open source tool with 8.93K GitHub stars and 311 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Caire's open source repository on GitHub.