Bootstrap vs Graphene: What are the differences?
What is Bootstrap? Simple and flexible HTML, CSS, and JS for popular UI components and interactions. Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
What is Graphene? GraphQL framework for Python. Graphene is a Python library for building GraphQL schemas/types fast and easily.
Bootstrap can be classified as a tool in the "Front-End Frameworks" category, while Graphene is grouped under "Query Languages".
Some of the features offered by Bootstrap are:
- Preprocessors: Bootstrap ships with vanilla CSS, but its source code utilizes the two most popular CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. Quickly get started with precompiled CSS or build on the source.
- One framework, every device: Bootstrap easily and efficiently scales your websites and applications with a single code base, from phones to tablets to desktops with CSS media queries.
- Full of features: With Bootstrap, you get extensive and beautiful documentation for common HTML elements, dozens of custom HTML and CSS components, and awesome jQuery plugins.
On the other hand, Graphene provides the following key features:
- Easy to use: Graphene helps you use GraphQL in Python without effort.
- Relay: Graphene has builtin support for Relay
- Django: Automatic Django model mapping to Graphene Types. Check a fully working Django implementation
Bootstrap and Graphene are both open source tools. It seems that Bootstrap with 134K GitHub stars and 66K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Graphene with 4.71K GitHub stars and 502 GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Bootstrap has a broader approval, being mentioned in 7045 company stacks & 1115 developers stacks; compared to Graphene, which is listed in 11 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Bootstrap?
What is Graphene?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions