Buildbot vs Strider: What are the differences?
Buildbot and Strider can be primarily classified as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by Buildbot are:
- run builds on a variety of slave platforms
- arbitrary build process: handles projects using C, Python, whatever
- minimal host requirements: Python and Twisted
On the other hand, Strider provides the following key features:
- add hooks to perform arbitrary actions during build.
- modify the database schema to add custom fields.
- register their own HTTP routes.
"Highly configurable builds" is the primary reason why developers consider Buildbot over the competitors, whereas "Free Open Source" was stated as the key factor in picking Strider.
Buildbot and Strider are both open source tools. Strider with 4.33K GitHub stars and 434 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Buildbot with 4K GitHub stars and 1.37K GitHub forks.