ClickTale vs Crazy Egg: What are the differences?
Developers describe ClickTale as "Visualize visitor's interactions". ClickTale tracks every mouse move, click and scroll, creating playable videos of customers’ entire browsing sessions as well as powerful visual heatmaps and behavioral reports that perfectly complement traditional web analytics. As a fully hosted subscription service, ClickTale is cost-effective and quick to set up. On the other hand, Crazy Egg is detailed as "Visualize where your visitors click". Crazy Egg gives you the competitive advantage to improve your website in a heartbeat without the high costs.
ClickTale and Crazy Egg belong to "Heatmap Analytics" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by ClickTale are:
- Visitor Recordings- Watch your visitor’s every mouse move, click and scroll to discover exactly how they use your site.
- Mouse Move Heatmaps- View where visitors move their mouse (strongly correlated with eye movements), an excellent method for analyzing site usability.
- Click Heatmaps- See everywhere your visitors click on the page, whether it's a link, image or text to track and optimize visitor behavior.
On the other hand, Crazy Egg provides the following key features:
- HEATMAP TOOL- Visually identify the most popular areas of a given page.
- SCROLLMAP TOOL- It helps you to see which parts of your pages are working and which ones are not.
- OVERLAY TOOL- See what Google Analytics is not telling you.