ClickTale vs Crazy Egg: What are the differences?
Developers describe ClickTale as "Visualize visitor's interactions". ClickTale tracks every mouse move, click and scroll, creating playable videos of customers’ entire browsing sessions as well as powerful visual heatmaps and behavioral reports that perfectly complement traditional web analytics. As a fully hosted subscription service, ClickTale is cost-effective and quick to set up. On the other hand, Crazy Egg is detailed as "Visualize where your visitors click". Crazy Egg gives you the competitive advantage to improve your website in a heartbeat without the high costs.
ClickTale and Crazy Egg belong to "Heatmap Analytics" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by ClickTale are:
- Visitor Recordings- Watch your visitor’s every mouse move, click and scroll to discover exactly how they use your site.
- Mouse Move Heatmaps- View where visitors move their mouse (strongly correlated with eye movements), an excellent method for analyzing site usability.
- Click Heatmaps- See everywhere your visitors click on the page, whether it's a link, image or text to track and optimize visitor behavior.
On the other hand, Crazy Egg provides the following key features:
- HEATMAP TOOL- Visually identify the most popular areas of a given page.
- SCROLLMAP TOOL- It helps you to see which parts of your pages are working and which ones are not.
- OVERLAY TOOL- See what Google Analytics is not telling you.
What is ClickTale?
What is Crazy Egg?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose ClickTale?
What are the cons of using ClickTale?
What are the cons of using Crazy Egg?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Crazy Egg?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We needed to look more into how user interact with certain pages (scroll, click, move the mouse around) so we had to decide between Crazy Egg and Hotjar . I've used both solution in the past so I was familiar with the features for each, but each one has a unique set of data sets and so it will fit diffrently for each case. At #stackshare we've decided to go with Crazy Egg mainly because of the click maps as we can see where people are clicking on certain elements, buttons and clicks and we can spot bottle necks. A very good feature that Hotjar is missing is also the source of the traffic for the clicks. As there are large diffrences between diurect, organic, social and referral traffic as far as user behaivor.
I've always been passionate about knowing more about how #UX the products that I'm building and have used a bunch of session replay tools in the past, tools like Crazy Egg Hotjar Mixpanel but i am developing affinity for FullStory. I find searching for events to be effective and fast. i live the ability to see when users are frustrated and also skip inactivity, it's pretty intuitive.
I also feel that the creating funnels could be improved (like Mixpanel ) and also give recommendations about using your data tier more efficiently.