Coverity Scan vs Gitcolony: What are the differences?
What is Coverity Scan? Find and fix defects in your Java, C/C++ or C# open source project for free. Coverity's implementation of static analysis can follow all the possible paths of execution through source code (including interprocedurally) and find defects and vulnerabilities caused by the conjunction of statements that are not errors independent of each other.
What is Gitcolony? The next generation of pull requests. Gitcolony encourages developers to share early feedback, do partial reviews, reduce rework and leverage the knowledge of the whole group. Teams become more efficient by adding visibility to the process.
Coverity Scan and Gitcolony can be categorized as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Coverity Scan are:
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Integrates with GitHub and Travis CI
On the other hand, Gitcolony provides the following key features:
- set up and enforce your own custom rules to keep your code quality under control. Gitcolony helps you reinforce your code review policies and best practices your team follows informally
- collaborate with your team in real time, performing progressive checks to avoid titanic reviews
- encourage software developers with performance rankings and gamification techniques