Kitematic vs DevSpace for Kubernetes: What are the differences?
What is Kitematic? The easiest way to start using Docker on your Mac. Simple Docker App management for Mac OS X.
What is DevSpace for Kubernetes? The Fastest Developer Tool for Kubernetes. It is an open-source developer tool for Kubernetes that lets you develop and deploy cloud-native software faster. It is a client-only CLI tool that runs on your machine and works with any Kubernetes cluster. You can use it to automate image building and deployments, to develop software directly inside Kubernetes and to streamline workflows across your team as well as across dev, staging and production.
Kitematic and DevSpace for Kubernetes belong to "Container Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Kitematic are:
- Mac App with GUI for Docker
- Create images from any folder with a Dockerfile in it
- Configure environment variables
On the other hand, DevSpace for Kubernetes provides the following key features:
- Automated Image Building with devspace build
- Automated Deployment with devspace deploy
- Efficient In-Cluster Development with devspace dev
Kitematic is an open source tool with 11.3K GitHub stars and 1.38K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kitematic's open source repository on GitHub.