Domino vs octohost: What are the differences?
What is Domino? A PaaS for data science - easily run R, Python or Matlab code in the cloud with automatic version control for data, code, and results. Use our cloud-hosted infrastructure to securely run your code on powerful hardware with a single command — without any changes to your code. If you have your own infrastructure, our Enterprise offering provides powerful, easy-to-use cluster management functionality behind your firewall.
What is octohost? Simple web focused Dockerfile based PaaS server. octohost helps you host any web site by adding a Dockerfile to your app's source repository.
Domino and octohost belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Domino are:
- Domino Cloud supports the most powerful data analysis languages — Python, R, MATLAB, and Julia
- Modern and powerful cluster management
- Use a single-core machine during development
On the other hand, octohost provides the following key features:
- Uses Dockerfiles rather than Procfiles
- More than 10 languages supported already, and many frameworks
- Support for Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace
octohost is an open source tool with 444 GitHub stars and 32 GitHub forks. Here's a link to octohost's open source repository on GitHub.