Famous Framework vs Riot: What are the differences?
Some of the features offered by Famous Framework are:
- Reusability / interchangability. The Famous Framework is built around powerful constraints and a declarative syntax that make it possible for components to be reused and interchanged.
- Application consistency. In an ecosystem where widgets/applications/utilities all follow the same guidelines, developers and designers both reap the benefits: less trial and error when attempting to integrate with others' projects.
- Integration with existing web standards. Although our integration is far from complete, from the beginning we've aimed to design and build the framework around existing web standards.
On the other hand, Riot provides the following key features:
- Absolutely the smallest possible amount of DOM updates and reflows.
- One way data flow: updates and unmounts are propagated downwards from parent to children.
- Expressions are pre-compiled and cached for high performance.
Famous Framework and Riot are both open source tools. It seems that Riot with 13.7K GitHub stars and 1.02K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Famous Framework with 401 GitHub stars and 69 GitHub forks.