FireHost vs Packet: What are the differences?
What is FireHost? Secure cloud provider that reduces risk by putting security and compliance first. FireHost offers the most comprehensive fully managed cloud infrastructure-as-a-service available today, built specifically for the needs of companies governed by PCI and HIPAA compliance regulations. Some of the largest healthcare, payments and SaaS companies in the world subscribe to FireHost’s secure cloud to ensure their data is safe and always available.
What is Packet? The Leading Bare Metal Cloud for Developers. Deploy screaming fast dedicated servers in under 10 minutes via portal, API, or common cloud orchestration tools. No hypervisor, modern IPv6 network, and hourly pricing.
FireHost and Packet can be primarily classified as "Cloud Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by FireHost are:
- FireHost’s HealthData Repository is a secure cloud built for HIPAA compliance that provides a safe haven for electronic healthcare records (EHR), electronic protected healthcare information (ePHI), and other sensitive data.
- Payment Island is a secure, PCI-compliant cloud that isolates critical data from the rest of an IT infrastructure and applies FireHost’s unique multilayered security to prevent devastating data breaches.
- FireHost’s secure cloud reduces risk by helping you protect data and exceed compliance. It is backed by FireHost’s security specialists and compliance experts. No other cloud provider has a chief security officer, chief information security officer, and a full-fledged security operations team protecting its customers in a secure cloud environment.
On the other hand, Packet provides the following key features:
- Premium configs, always available
- Fully dedicated, no hypervisors
- Deploy in less than 10 minutes