FireHost vs WebFaction: What are the differences?
Developers describe FireHost as "Secure cloud provider that reduces risk by putting security and compliance first". FireHost offers the most comprehensive fully managed cloud infrastructure-as-a-service available today, built specifically for the needs of companies governed by PCI and HIPAA compliance regulations. Some of the largest healthcare, payments and SaaS companies in the world subscribe to FireHost’s secure cloud to ensure their data is safe and always available. On the other hand, WebFaction is detailed as "Hosting for developers: full shell access to fast servers with all your favorite tools pre-installed and maintained for you". No need to spend hours installing and configuring the software, database and other tools. We have over 50 one-click installers in our control panel.
FireHost and WebFaction can be primarily classified as "Cloud Hosting" tools.
Some of the features offered by FireHost are:
- FireHost’s HealthData Repository is a secure cloud built for HIPAA compliance that provides a safe haven for electronic healthcare records (EHR), electronic protected healthcare information (ePHI), and other sensitive data.
- Payment Island is a secure, PCI-compliant cloud that isolates critical data from the rest of an IT infrastructure and applies FireHost’s unique multilayered security to prevent devastating data breaches.
- FireHost’s secure cloud reduces risk by helping you protect data and exceed compliance. It is backed by FireHost’s security specialists and compliance experts. No other cloud provider has a chief security officer, chief information security officer, and a full-fledged security operations team protecting its customers in a secure cloud environment.
On the other hand, WebFaction provides the following key features:
- 100GB diskspace, RAID-10 setup
- 512MB application RAM
- Free RAM for web and database servers