Firesize vs ImageBoss: What are the differences?
What is Firesize? On the fly image resizing. No code required. Built-in CDN. Firesize is a hosted image processing proxy. It's focused on doing one thing fast: resizing and cropping images on demand. It's a simple url based API allows you to quickly generate images on demand.
What is ImageBoss? On-demand content aware image processing API. Content aware image resizing, cropping, compression, cache and globally deliver. All web development best practices, hassle free in one simple and powerful API.
Firesize and ImageBoss can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Firesize are:
- Processing options specified via URL
- URL signing (for security)
- Process images from anywhere (no uploading to Firesize required)
On the other hand, ImageBoss provides the following key features:
- Perfect Thumbnails - ImageBoss identifies the content of your image and, in case we need to crop it to accomodate your dimensions, we make sure that the soul of the image won't be lost on the process.
- Fast delivery, every time - Every time you generate a new image it gets copied to hundreds of servers across the world so your users can download your images at maximum speed.
- Fast image loading - ImageBoss uses the best algorithms available for image manipulation taking the all the juice we can get during calculations and image manipulations. Also, all your PNG and JPG images with progressive scans technology with the best compression techonology available.
Firesize is an open source tool with 92 GitHub stars and 40 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Firesize's open source repository on GitHub.