Firesize vs Piio: What are the differences?
Firesize: On the fly image resizing. No code required. Built-in CDN. Firesize is a hosted image processing proxy. It's focused on doing one thing fast: resizing and cropping images on demand. It's a simple url based API allows you to quickly generate images on demand; Piio: Generates responsive images so you don't have to optimize. Piio automatically generates real-time responsive images for your website visitors and delivers them at maximum speed. (lazy loading feature included).
Firesize and Piio can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Firesize are:
- Processing options specified via URL
- URL signing (for security)
- Process images from anywhere (no uploading to Firesize required)
On the other hand, Piio provides the following key features:
- Cross device experience - Don’t worry about multiple resolutions or mobile devices, Piio automatically loads the best image for each device.
- Automatic Responsive Images - We learn from your html and deliver pixel perfect images, they don't only load faster but they'll look better.
- CDN Deliver - With worldwide reach, our CDN provides low latency and faster download times.
Firesize is an open source tool with 92 GitHub stars and 40 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Firesize's open source repository on GitHub.