Firesize vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
Firesize: On the fly image resizing. No code required. Built-in CDN. Firesize is a hosted image processing proxy. It's focused on doing one thing fast: resizing and cropping images on demand. It's a simple url based API allows you to quickly generate images on demand; scikit-image: Image processing in Python. scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
Firesize and scikit-image can be categorized as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Firesize are:
- Processing options specified via URL
- URL signing (for security)
- Process images from anywhere (no uploading to Firesize required)
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
Firesize and scikit-image are both open source tools. It seems that scikit-image with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Firesize with 92 GitHub stars and 40 GitHub forks.