Flood IO vs k6: What are the differences?
What is Flood IO? Load Testing for everyone. Flood IO is a self-service load testing platform, designed to allow anyone to easily test the performance of their website from a few hundred users, right to up to 1 million or more.
Flood IO and k6 can be primarily classified as "Load and Performance Testing" tools.
Some of the features offered by Flood IO are:
- Beautiful reports, detailed analysis
- Monitor your tests in real time
- Supports JMeter and Gatling
On the other hand, k6 provides the following key features:
- Primarily for load testing, it also works for functional testing of APIs and microservices with its powerful JS ES6 based scripting API
- Straightforward CLI, sharing many UX aspects with the DevOps tools you already use
k6 is an open source tool with 5.57K GitHub stars and 287 GitHub forks. Here's a link to k6's open source repository on GitHub.