Gitcolony vs StyleCI: What are the differences?
Developers describe Gitcolony as "The next generation of pull requests". Gitcolony encourages developers to share early feedback, do partial reviews, reduce rework and leverage the knowledge of the whole group. Teams become more efficient by adding visibility to the process. On the other hand, StyleCI is detailed as "The PHP Coding Style Continuous Integration Service". StyleCI automatically analyses all of your pull requests and will display a build status within GitHub before you merge.
Gitcolony and StyleCI can be categorized as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Gitcolony are:
- set up and enforce your own custom rules to keep your code quality under control. Gitcolony helps you reinforce your code review policies and best practices your team follows informally
- collaborate with your team in real time, performing progressive checks to avoid titanic reviews
- encourage software developers with performance rankings and gamification techniques
On the other hand, StyleCI provides the following key features:
- Fix PSR-1, PSR-2, PSR-5, Symfony and more.
- We watch all of your pull requests and automatically analyse them.
- Open Source