ImageBoss vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
Developers describe ImageBoss as "On-demand content aware image processing API". Content aware image resizing, cropping, compression, cache and globally deliver. All web development best practices, hassle free in one simple and powerful API. On the other hand, scikit-image is detailed as "Image processing in Python". scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
ImageBoss and scikit-image can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by ImageBoss are:
- Perfect Thumbnails - ImageBoss identifies the content of your image and, in case we need to crop it to accomodate your dimensions, we make sure that the soul of the image won't be lost on the process.
- Fast delivery, every time - Every time you generate a new image it gets copied to hundreds of servers across the world so your users can download your images at maximum speed.
- Fast image loading - ImageBoss uses the best algorithms available for image manipulation taking the all the juice we can get during calculations and image manipulations. Also, all your PNG and JPG images with progressive scans technology with the best compression techonology available.
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
scikit-image is an open source tool with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K GitHub forks. Here's a link to scikit-image's open source repository on GitHub.