Mara vs Apache Impala: What are the differences?
What is Mara? A lightweight ETL framework. A lightweight ETL framework with a focus on transparency and complexity reduction.
What is Apache Impala? Real-time Query for Hadoop. Impala is a modern, open source, MPP SQL query engine for Apache Hadoop. Impala is shipped by Cloudera, MapR, and Amazon. With Impala, you can query data, whether stored in HDFS or Apache HBase – including SELECT, JOIN, and aggregate functions – in real time.
Mara and Apache Impala can be categorized as "Big Data" tools.
Some of the features offered by Mara are:
- Data integration pipelines as code: pipelines, tasks and commands are created using declarative Python code.
- PostgreSQL as a data processing engine.
- Extensive web ui. The web browser as the main tool for inspecting, running and debugging pipelines.
On the other hand, Apache Impala provides the following key features:
- Do BI-style Queries on Hadoop
- Unify Your Infrastructure
- Implement Quickly
Mara and Apache Impala are both open source tools. It seems that Apache Impala with 2.19K GitHub stars and 825 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Mara with 1.27K GitHub stars and 54 GitHub forks.