Jelastic vs octohost: What are the differences?
Developers describe Jelastic as "Java and PHP Cloud Hosting". Jelastic is the next generation of Java hosting platforms which can run and scale ANY Java application with no code changes required. On the other hand, octohost is detailed as "Simple web focused Dockerfile based PaaS server". octohost helps you host any web site by adding a Dockerfile to your app's source repository.
Jelastic and octohost can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Jelastic are:
- Set up environment in seconds
- No installation or configuration
- No APIs to code to
On the other hand, octohost provides the following key features:
- Uses Dockerfiles rather than Procfiles
- More than 10 languages supported already, and many frameworks
- Support for Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace
octohost is an open source tool with 444 GitHub stars and 32 GitHub forks. Here's a link to octohost's open source repository on GitHub.