Jest vs Rails Spring: What are the differences?
Some of the features offered by Jest are:
- Familiar Approach: Built on top of the Jasmine test framework, using familiar expect(value).toBe(other) assertions
- Mock by Default: Automatically mocks CommonJS modules returned by require(), making most existing code testable
- Short Feedback Loop: DOM APIs are mocked and tests run in parallel via a small node.js command line utility
On the other hand, Rails Spring provides the following key features:
- Totally automatic
- no need to explicitly start and stop the background process
- Reloads your application code on each run
Jest and Rails Spring are both open source tools. Jest with 26.4K GitHub stars and 3.57K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Rails Spring with 2.51K GitHub stars and 275 GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Jest has a broader approval, being mentioned in 273 company stacks & 161 developers stacks; compared to Rails Spring, which is listed in 6 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Jest?
What is Rails Spring?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions