Koding vs Nitrous.IO: What are the differences?
Developers describe Koding as "A new way for developers to work". Koding is a feature rich cloud-based development environment complete with free VMs, an attractive IDE & sudo level terminal access!. On the other hand, Nitrous.IO is detailed as "Making coding in the cloud a reality". Get setup lightning fast in the cloud & code from anywhere, on any machine.
Koding and Nitrous.IO can be categorized as "Cloud IDE" tools.
Some of the features offered by Koding are:
- Free virtual machine (VM) with Ubuntu, root access, apt-get, and many commonly used tools
- Built-in Terminal with 256-color support
- All languages, databases, and command-line tools are supported
On the other hand, Nitrous.IO provides the following key features:
- Code from Anywhere- When you need to fix that emergency bug while on the beach.
- Get Setup Fast- It only takes a few seconds to get from signup to a fully loaded stack.
- Not just a Web IDE- Use Vim or Emacs to edit your code, from the terminal or your browser.
"Free" is the primary reason why developers consider Koding over the competitors, whereas "Easy to use" was stated as the key factor in picking Nitrous.IO.