Layers vs Structr: What are the differences?
Developers describe Layers as "A simple WordPress site builder". Layers is a WordPress Theme framework focused on extending the WordPress core functionality to include layout building through the WordPress Visual Customizer. A lightweight set of base options, widgets and theme templates provide a user-friendly, extensible tool for creating beautiful, WordPress-faithful websites. On the other hand, Structr is detailed as "Award-winning Open-Source Data CMS based on Neo4j". Structr (pronounce it like 'structure') is a Java framework for mobile and web applications based on the graph database Neo4j. It was designed to simplify the creation of complex graph database applications by providing a comprehensive Java API and a set of features common to most use cases. This enables developers to build a sophisticated web or mobile app based on Neo4j within hours.
Layers and Structr belong to "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Layers are:
- Preset layouts allow you to get a head start without the intimidation of a big blank canvas
- Create robust, responsive designs that look incredible on mobile phones and tablets
- Integration with WooCommerce means you can start selling right out of the box
On the other hand, Structr provides the following key features:
- Security and Access Control
- Data modeling without programming
- Graph-based Page Rendering Engine
Layers and Structr are both open source tools. It seems that Structr with 555 GitHub stars and 129 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Layers with 10 GitHub stars and 7 GitHub forks.